Zen Meditation for Mental Health Professionals
Do you sometimes feel overwhelmed by the multiple demands of this work?
Are you ready for more ease, spontaneity, presence, and inquiry, in your work and in your life?
Are you interested in spiritual community with like-minded people?
Do you value the bringing together of an ancient wisdom tradition with the issues of contemporary life?
For more about you, look here.
Join Our Community
Make a donation!
Contribute to our fundraising so we can have a home of our own.
Become a member!
If you regularly attend Crimson Gate events, or want to regularly support our sangha, we appreciate you becoming a member.
What We Offer
Who Are You?
- A weekly meditation group on Sunday evenings in Oakland in the Koan Zen tradition.
- Retreats of varying lengths (one to seven days) throughout the year.
- Introduction to meditation classes, workshops, practice periods, and other offerings.
- Our teacher, Megan Rundel, Sensei, is available for koan practice and individual practice guidance.
- For current and upcoming programs, see our Events Page.
Who Are You?
- Most of our members are mental health professionals, though similarly aligned healers and practitioners are welcome.
- Meditators from other traditions who are curious about Koan Zen are also welcome.
- Mainly, you are willing to not know, you are willing to show up, and you are willing to make yourself available to the Great Dream when it comes along.
- We value diversity and welcome practitioners of all ethnic backgrounds, gender and sexual identities.